Improving Documentation to Strengthen Legal ClaimsAugust 2, 2018 9:44 pm Leave your thoughts
Documentation is a critical part of any legal practice. This is particularly the case when it comes to business dealings. Understanding how to handle a legal deposition in Phoenix, AZ is essential, whether you’re taking a case to trial or plan to settle out of court. Requirements vary from state to state, and ensuring that every detail is correct will be essential when the documentation is scrutinized.
Experienced attorneys hone their skills in preparing legal documentation. As a client, it’s helpful to have a legal team that isn’t just expert in deposition services in Phoenix, AZ, but also can cut through the legal jargon to help you understand the implications of every part of the case. Here are some key tips on what to look for in legal documents, and how to craft them:
- Organization: Knowing how to organize a legal document starts with good preparation. What is the purpose of the document? Are you providing an update or a reminder? Is it a list of complaints regarding violations of the law? Knowing this will help in creating a well-structured, legally effective document.
- Attention to detail: Editing is a vital part of the legal documentation process. Nothing will cause a legal representative to lose credibility faster than proofreading errors like misspellings and grammar mistakes. In some cases, errors of this sort could cost you an entire case if they alter the meaning of what you’re attempting to communicate.
- Action words: While a certain amount of legal jargon is expected, your legal representative should be able to explain to you exactly what’s going on. Whenever possible, legal documentation should include strong verbs and concrete nouns that clearly express the message to the reader.
- Audience: Sometimes in legal documentation, there are multiple audiences—a judge, a client, opposing counsel, etc. A good attorney will be able to craft documentation that meets the needs of each audience. The documentation should both refer to the law and guide parties toward an appropriate course of action depending on the case. Ensuring that the document is reader-friendly is another important part of organization. If you’re looking for a provider of documentation of legal depositions in Phoenix, AZ, they need to meet these high standards.
- Meeting requirements: Every legal document should be checked against requirements for that particular state’s laws. The process of filing legal documentation is highly technical, and errors in filing can be costly.
When you’re looking for an experienced team with a reputation for providing strong deposition services in Phoenix, AZ, choose Bartelt | Nix Reporting, LLC. We’re dedicated to our diverse clientele and provide invaluable support in every case we work on. We have clients throughout Arizona and across the nation.
We offer a wide range of services including court reporting, video conferencing, videography and virtual depositions. You can rest assured that our trained staff will be here for you every step of the way. We are here to record testimony and other legal proceedings in the most thorough and precise way possible. Contact us today to learn more about our services and receive a free consultation.
Categorised in: Deposition Services, Legal Depositions
This post was written by Writer